Chicken and rice is a great nutritious meal that is clean and provides both complex carbohydrates, fibre and a huge amount of complete proteins.
Having said that if you’re just eating chicken and rice it can get extremely boring, and you cannot and should not stick to a boring diet. Why would you? So let’s check out some awesome chicken and rice recipes.
1.) Spicy peanut butter chicken and rice.
- Alright so for this recipe you need to start off by cooking the chicken in the oven until fully cooked.
- While it’s cooking mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce and smooth peanut butter into a warm bowl (to allow the peanut butter to melt).
- Cover the cooked chicken in the sauce mix and serve with rice.
Ingredients: 1 chicken breast, 1 portion of rice, 1tbsp of reduced salt soy sauce, 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter, 1 tbsp rice vinegar.
2.) Chinese style stir fry with egg fried rice
- Chop the chicken up into chunks and fry with some olive oil
- Add the spring onions and soy sauce once cooked.
- Simmer for a few moments and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Once cooked remove and add the cooked rice to the pan, add soy sauce and an egg.
- Stir fry and once cooked remove and serve.
Ingredients: 150g chicken breast, spring onions and stir fry veg. 2 or 3 tbsp of soy sauce to taste, 125g cooked rice, 1 egg
3.) Chicken curry
One of the best recipes i’ve ever done, check it out here.
4.) Fajita spiced chicken and rice.
- Mix together the cumin, chilli powder, garlic salt and paprika in a bowl.
- Cover the chicken and cook until fully cooked.
- Add in the tomato paste and coat.
- Remove from the pan and serve with rice, peppers and tomatoes.
Ingredients: 150g chicken breast, 1tbsp chilli powder, 1tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp tomato puree (paste), 1 pepper, 1 tomato and 125g rice.